Please RSVP by 13 June 2017
The ICANN Policy Development Support Team will host a Policy Update Webinar on Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 10:00 and 19:00 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), in preparation for the upcoming ICANN59 Policy Forum in Johannesburg, South Africa. The purpose of the webinar is to summarize policy activities across the ICANN policy development community and to brief the community on the Empowered Community consultation and cross-community sessions taking place in Johannesburg.
Briefings on the Empowered Community Consultation and Cross-Community Sessions:
- Special session on the Proposed Fundamental Bylaws Amendments
- Next-Generation Generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD) Registration Directory Services (RDS) policy requirements
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Geographic names
- Operational side of ICANN's Operating Plan and Budget
- Who sets ICANN's priorities?
Updates on Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees:
- Address Supporting Organization (ASO) and regional Internet registries (RIR) policy development
- Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO)
- Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO)
- At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) and At-Large Community
- Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC)
- Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC)
- Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC)
The two sessions are duplicates, scheduled to accommodate different time zones. Each session runs in English for 90 minutes. The webinar will be conducted via Adobe Connect along with a dial-in conference bridge for audio. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of each session. During the course of the webinar, participants may submit questions using the chat function in Adobe Connect. Recordings of the webinars will be made available here. The Policy Development Support Team is always available to answer any questions via email at email@example.com.
Please RSVP via this form by 13 June 2017.
You will receive remote participation details the week of 12 June 2017.
Auf einen Blick: Pre-ICANN59 Policy Update Webinar